Pages

Monday, May 4, 2009

May Mantel

BLOOM Where You're Planted
Side note: I really love having the kids do the
lettering on the smaller signs.
They do such a good job and we get 4 different "fonts"!
Sun- Ammon
Air - Me
Water - Caleb
Soil - Haleigh


In any situation we may be in we will grow.
HOW
we grow is the true lesson.
Hopefully we will not only grow but BLOOM in the process.
For a plant to grow and thrive it needs four elements.
-Sun - Air - Soil - Water-
We can apply these four elements to what we in our own lives
in a myriad of ways.




It has been invaluable for me to realize that there is a difference
between things artificial.
and things real.

Artificial
blooms can be beautiful.
They require little to no maintenance and
do not require water, air, soil or sun to continue
in their 'beautiful' state.
BUT they do not grow!



Real plants and blooms require constant maintenance.
They require planting, supervision, watering and pruning.
The plant grows, blooms and is beautiful.
Through time the blooms fade and need to be cut off
so fresh, new blooms can grow.
Real things are constantly changing because of growth.

I have learned to be patient with my everyday life
when it is not always "blooming".
I try to remember that my life is a living thing,
requiring constant maintenance, nurturing care
and even a bit of pruning.
Opportunities will come, bloom and then be gone.

In each of life's opportunities I tell myself.
"Bloom where you're planted,
through just doing the best that you can and
taking the time to nurture what you have been given."

5 comments:

Annette said...

Thanks for the reminder! I needed that today.

Jessica Adams said...

I don't know why but this post made me cry.
Steph, you are such an amazing mom. I hope I can be a mom just like you someday!
I miss you SO MUCH. If I wasn't at work right now (shhh... don't tell) I'd call you just to chat and tell you that I LOVE YOU.
--Juice

P.S. I LOVE your mantel. As always.

Aunt Chris said...

Stephaine I love to check your blog just to see your mantel.
Your children are so grown up.

sorry about the Aunt but i mostly post on my nephews blog

Chris Lewis

Dwight and Heidi said...

You are so creative and inspirational. I love the thought of there being a difference between being and growing.

Heidi

White's said...

Steph, it looks beautiful. Tiffany