Pages

Saturday, October 6, 2012

--Saturday CLEAN UP--

FALL Clean Up at the Lewis'

Project #1 -- We cleaned out the basement
and uncovered the CRADLE
Fred and I made before 
Haleigh was born.
All THREE of our BABIES used it.
I found a pattern for the cradle in a book at the
Bountiful, Utah public library.
We purchased the wood and took
it to Grandma and Grandpa Johnson's
house in Orem, Utah to cut it out.
We assembled the pieces at our
little Park Place apartment off
Main and 4th North in Bountiful.
I stained it and stenciled it.
We were discouraged when we
realized we didn't have enough money
to purchase the board to lay across the
bottom of the bed to hold the mattress in.
The next day, as Fred was driving home
from working at the Doubletree Hotel,
he spotted a piece of plywood in the 
middle of the road.
He stopped, picked it up, and
threw it in the back of his Ford Ranger pickup.
We were AMAZED to find it was
an EXACT fit for the bottom of our cradle.
TENDER MERCIES from heaven so our
baby could have a place to sleep.

 Project #2 -- Changing the Family Picture Wall
to make room for Haleigh's senior picture.
I pulled the console out, 
so I could paint the wall behind it,
 and revealed
LOTS of dust, chocolate hearts, a mint
 and a little toy Sid the sloth
literally hanging out on our wall.
It made me laugh.
Our FAMILY wall will now display 
senior pictures for our three kids.
I LOVE this pic. of my 
BEAUTIFUL Haleigh.

1 comment:

Jessica Adams said...

I totally remember that cradle sitting at the foot of your bed in your Bountiful apartment. For some reason, I have tons of vivid memories in that apartment as a ten year old. Crazy.