
When I, Steph, was a little girl my Grandma Miller took me to see the Nutcracker ballet on Christmas Eve. I LOVED it!! That same Grandma had a Nutcracker she sat on her coffee table each Christmas. I was fascinated by being able to pull up on the wooden coattails in the back and the mouth would open in the front. Many times I'd stick my finger in the Nutcracker's mouth and shut it to see how much it would hurt to be smashed. I even tried smashing some of my brothers and sisters fingers too.
From these dear childhood memories I have developed a foundness for nutcrackers and began a collection 5 years ago. Fred has bought me one each year for my birthday. He gives it to me early, when I bring out the Christmas decor, so we can enjoy them that season rather than waiting to use it next year.
Here are this year's additions.


An oldfashioned Santa with a bag full of blocks in his left hand and a Christmas Tree in his right. The Nutcracker on the rocking horse in the foreground is one that Ammon and I bought when we attended the Nutcracker Ballet with his kindergarten class in 2006.

4 comments:
I was just thinking about Grandma's nutcracker! I do remember putting my finger in his mouth.
Your house looks beautiful.
Heidi
You got the Japanese chef! I remember you contemplating him when we went shopping.
Fred got him on his OWN! I guess that's what happens after 15 years of marriage.
One of our friends collects nutcrackers too. My girls just had to buy her one this year because it is her tradition.
She probably already has the style they got her, but it is the thought that counts.
Post a Comment