Pages

Saturday, April 4, 2009

April Mantel

Do not condemn me for my inability to backspace and delete the missing n in condemn. I have felt the need, since I wrote it two years ago, to sand the board, repaint and rewrite the final two lines. However, I find the lesson in this ... just as the Amish, when making a quilt, purposely turn one of their quilt blocks upside down to represent their humility and being mortal, ... I look at my missing n as the same lesson for me. It reminds me of humility and that I am mortal. I need to use the atonement to overcome my mistakes and repent.
I should not condemn myself because of my shortcomings.

The final week of our Savior shown in the pictures below.
The nests of eggs in the hurricanes represent the
true meaning of Easter - new life!
A gift, given by a loving Father in Heaven
through His Son Jesus Christ,
who made the ultimate sacrifice for EACH of us.



I live for the Savior, alive who was dead.
By His loving favor our guilt can be shed.
Oh, please believe with me,
Believe His sweet plan.
Our Savior, more than man.
-Allen Smythe

6 comments:

mom said...

Very, very nice. I love all your mantels. Not only are they artsy, but they are meaningful.

Jessica Adams said...

Quite honestly I had to read the last 2 lines 5 times and the word condemn 5 times before I even realized what you were talking about.
You are so creative, Steph. It all looks great and I look forward to seeing what you do each month.
Love you all.

Stathis Five said...

Love the mantel. I would love your ideas. And what is coming up. I think I would like to incorporate this in my home. Would you please help. Where do you store everythings. Can you please give me a few tips. Thanks

White's said...

Looks lovely! And wasn't general conference a great way to start off the Easter Month. So many inspirational thoughts. Tiffany

barrettandaudrey said...

You are so talented. I love your monthly themes!

T.A.T.I Crew said...

Well, Steph, you have done it again. It looks beautiful and has a great meaning.

Love you. I'm glad you are my sis.