We have lived some pretty amazing places and have found that when it comes to trip taking we tend to leave our own stomping grounds for what we think are "greener pastures".
We live in Cumming, a city 30 minutes north of Atlanta.
We decided to play tourist in our own back yard and spend a night in Atlanta.
(This is the view from our rooms on the 15th floor)
We live in Cumming, a city 30 minutes north of Atlanta.
We decided to play tourist in our own back yard and spend a night in Atlanta.
(This is the view from our rooms on the 15th floor)
What a view!!!
It was a beautiful hotel.
It was fun to be able to walk to Centennial Park - built for the Summer Olympics
held in Atlanta- and to the Georgia Aquarium.
We ate dinner at McKormick and Schmicks below the hotel.
It was nice not to have to leave the hotel, considering it was a blistering 38 degrees outside.
We had snow flurries on Tuesday morning!!
The GEOGIA AQUARIUM!
Haleigh, Caleb and Ammon in front of the huge tropical fish tank.
It makes it's own waves on the surface of the water
to create a true ocean atmosphere for the fish.
It was so soothing to sit and watch the thousands of fish swim in the
Ocean Voyager exhibit. There are 4 huge whale sharks in the exhibit, swimming with a variety of sharks, giant rays and other fish.
Ammon LOVED the Beluga Whales.
I can count the number of times Ammon has held still for more than
30 seconds on one hand.
This is one of those times.
*The Cyclorama*
We visited the Cyclorama located next to the Atlanta, Zoo
about 3 miles from where we were staying.
This was amazing!!
It is a 4 story oil painting and diorama depicting the
Civil War in Atlanta.
You sit in an auditorium with seats that slowly turn in a circle so you can view the entire painting.
The history behind the painting amused us.
During hard times the painting was sold to a traveling circus.
During the circus' visit to Atlanta they went bankrupt.
The owner of the Coca Cola factory purchased the HUGE painting and
the circus animals for a very small amount of money.
The cyclorama was built to hold the painting
and
they built a zoo next door to care for the circus animals,
thus the Atlanta Zoo was established.

6 comments:
I am amazed at all the interesting things there are around us. That's great you got to enjoy a few of them. I remember asking someone once what there was to do in a particular city and they didn't know and then I asked about a neat building and they had now idea about it. Keep enjoying.
I have been to the cyclorama, and wondered where it was in Atlanta. Now we will know when we come out there next for a visit. I think its great that you guys enjoyed the amazing things your own city has to offer. Love it. Love you all Britt
What a fun trip! I love trips close to home! ...but I also love trips to visit my family in Georgia... someday I promise!
Oh, and PS... I thought your kids were supposed to say babies forever. Would you tell them to stop that growing up stuff?? They're getting too big.
LOVE YOU!
You beat me!!! I was going to put this on my blog!!! :P
♥HaleighBug♥
I'm having a pitty party at the moment. We've done just about everything there is to do here in St. George. So... we'll have to branch out a bit, but that too could be great fun. Thank heavens for spring break. Tiffany
whitefamilyDear Fred and Steph
That is amazing the house is huge. Did you say it was George Washinton house. The aquarium is very cool. Did you know that a Whale shark weighs 22 tons
Sincerly Spencer
Post a Comment