Pages

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Atlanta Temple Celebration - DETAILS


I realized I did not do the Temple Celebration 
JUSTICE with my last post.
I was SO EXCITED to get the videos
posted that I did not write much about it.
AND NOW - 
THE REST OF THE STORY!!

Both Haleigh and Caleb learned the dances
through the internet while
we were in Hong Kong.
It was difficult for them to feel a part
of the group while they were learning it alone,
a WORLD away.

Those feelings were instantly GONE when they
attended their first rehearsal two days after our
arrival in Georgia. The  Singin' in the Rain group
was only half of the YW from our stake
and 145 (!!!) Young Men participated in the Stomp.

I could not hold back the tears when I first saw
this group of AMAZING youth dance.
What unity, what dedication, 
what OBEDIENCE - to the call
of Pres. Monson
" We invite ALL youth to participate 
in the Temple Celebration."

MOST of these youth have never had a day
of formal dance training.  As you watch them,
it's difficult to believe they haven't.
The Young Women - such precision and grace.
The Young Men - such ENTHUSIASM
 and strength.
They were INCREDIBLE and they took 
their performance VERY seriously.
There was POWER in their dance.
The YM received a standing ovation 
from the prophet.

In "Singin' in the Rain"
Haleigh is on the 
8th row from the left 
5th girl back.

In "Seize the Day" Stomp
Caleb is in the left group
(look for him after the right group goes down)
second row from the right
5th boy back.  

I CAN'T STOP WATCHING IT
over and over and over again!!
We are still LOVING it!!
What an AMAZING experience!!!!




No comments: