Pages

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Christmas Decor Shopping

I was so excited to do my
Christmas decor shopping at
the Flower Market.


I was pleasantly surprised by the selection.


About 20 minutes into my shopping I got a call
from Haleigh.
"Where are you?" she asked.
Me: "I'm shopping at the flower market."
Haleigh: "Are you OK?"
Me: "Y-E-S -- I'm fine --(?)"
 - Are you Ok was a strange question. - 
She went on to explain there was
a fire close to the markets that 
had made CNN news and
9 people had been killed.

That explained the stranger than usual
smell as I exited the subway!



AND the crowds LEAVING the markets
rather than entering and shopping.



It also explained the 20 firetrucks parked on 
the street directly across from where
I was shopping and the
firemen running from trucks to the buildings.



When I took a CLOSER look I
could see smoke pouring up from the side-street.

I QUICKLY finished my shopping
and headed back to the safety of Discovery Bay.

No comments: