Pages

Saturday, March 5, 2011

The Hong Kong Temple and Mong Kok


Fred and I made a trip to the 
Hong Kong Temple.
Located in Kowloon Tong.


I missed the 2:30 ferry from DB so we arrived late for the 4:00 PM session.


Even though we were late we planned to do 
other work on family names.


We entered the gates and tried to go 
through the doors.  They were locked.
A cleaning lady saw us and told us the temple 
closed from 3:50 - 5:45 everyday.  
We chose to come back another day, rather than
wait the hour and 15 minutes. 


Even though we did not get to "attend" the temple, it was amazing to find that no matter where you are in the world, when you stand in holy places you can feel peace and comfort.


Fred decided to take me to see Mong Kok.


This is one of the places he goes SHOPPING for GREAT stuff at GREAT prices.


What a find!!
There were all kinds of FUN things.


We took a break from shopping for some 
much needed, YUMMY
American food!!!


They had a touch of Chinese on the menu as well.


It was a great trip!
I came away with a cute new pair 
of black flats (shoes)
only costing me $6 US dollars.
We WILL go back!!

1 comment:

White's said...

That's interesting, they close every day? What for? Cleaning? It's such a beautiful temple. Oh the shopping! I remember my trip to Hong Kong when I was in college. I bought luggage just to get all the clothes home that I bought at those great prices. Tiff