This begins one of the most
AMAZING trips of my LIFE.
I will NEVER forget the things
I experienced in Guilin, China.
Thursday, November 10
at 10:30 PM
we boarded a plane going from Hong Kong
to Guilin, China. Our family would be traveling
with our friends, Olivia and Frederik Geertsema
from Holland, but we know them from
our Branch in Discovery Bay, and
Josh Anderson, Caleb's friend,
who is visiting from
HOME - Cumming, Georgia.
On the plane we were served a snack in a box.
It was said to be ...
It was said to be ...
warmth - refreshing - harmonious - nourishing
It was a roll, a piece of sponge cake and
4 TINY crab apples.
After the hour flight a driver picked us up
at the airport
and took us to the Guilin Bravo Hotel.
| The Hotel Lobby |
The accessories and furnishings of the lobby
were very Chinese.
Haleigh and Olivia felt like royalty
sitting on these, what they called,
Chinese thrones.
In the morning we could see the mountains
in the distance trying to poke through
the pollution of the city.
Even with the pollution it was beautiful.
We checked out of the hotel,
took a few shots of the beautiful
little park across the street
then jumped in a van that would take us
to the boat we would ride up the river
to Yangshuo.
It was a BEAUTIFUL ride!
This was just the beginning -
little did we know the BEAUTY that awaited us.



1 comment:
This is amazing! I loved all of Fred's pictures on Facebook too! This is what I imagine when I think of China. SO beautiful!
Post a Comment