Pages

Friday, November 25, 2011

Thanksgiving Dinner Prep.

You MUST be resourceful when
you are living in a foreign country
and don't have the things you
are used to having.
The more I think about it I realize
it's not living in a foreign country 
that has made me resourceful, 
I get it from my MOM.
It's one of the GREATEST lessons she
taught me - Be creative with what you HAVE and
make it work for what you NEED.

My NEED - a buffet or drink station
for the 50 guests that will be joining us for
THANKSGIVING DINNER
at 5:30 today.  Here is my solution.

MATERIALS

The two bedside tables from my master bedroom,


An, already cut to fit, sheet of plywood 
I got from the garbage bin
of the house being remodeled two doors down.
(I learned THIS from my Mom too - 
One man's trash is another man's treasure so 
be sure to LOOK at their trash.)

ASSEMBLY

Place plywood on top of tables.


Cover with BEAUTIFUL 
soft
green
felt
from Sham Shui Po.

ACCESSORIZE!

With -- LAMP that is usually used on the bedside table,
-- Handmade GIANT felt leaves,
and -- Homemade Pumpkins borrowed from a friend.

RESORCEFULNESS --
It's an AMAZING thing!!!

1 comment:

T.A.T.I Crew said...

You are so fabulously resourceful.

It all looks so, so great.