We took a trip to Tai O today.
A little fishing village, located on the west side
of Lantau Island. It is known for it's stilt
houses built right on the water.
We rode the 11:20 AM bus from Tung Chung
and arrived in Tai O at 12:10 PM.
Immediately after getting off the bus
we paid $120HK ($15.50 US),
TOTAL - for ALL 6 of us,
to take a 20 minute boat ride
to see the stilt houses and
PINK dolphins.
We dropped this man off at the
large rock dam so he could fish.
We were VERY skeptical about being able
to see dolphins. The tour was CHEAP
and in the 10 months we have been here
the only wildlife we have seen in the
ocean is jellyfish.
Then we saw SPLASHES
in the water - followed by dolphins
popping above the surface!
Pink and blue dolphins!!
In the WILD!
It was AMAZING!!
Since I am so used to seeing
blue (or grey) dolphins,
the pink dolphin looked almost like
it had been skinned. They were SO pink.
We headed back to the shore
and explored the market.
This temple, in the center of the market,
had a beautiful, intricate carving on the roof.
We had our first taste of egg waffles.
FRESH and Warm.
Josh purchased some local artwork
to take home to his Mom.
Tai O is on the list to visit again.




























3 comments:
I can get on your blog through Renae's blog and I am just loving looking at all the fun and interesting places you are seeing. I am traveling through your experiences and it's great. Thank you for sharing your travels with the rest of us. Aunt Margaret
I can get on your blog through Renae's blog and I am just loving looking at all the fun and interesting places you are seeing. I am traveling through your experiences and it's great. Thank you for sharing your travels with the rest of us. Aunt Margaret
The egg waffles look fun to eat!
Post a Comment