Pages

Friday, February 4, 2011

Our Little Chinese Dragon - our first animal encounter

We were walking home from a FANTASTIC morning of Lion Dance viewing (see previous post)
when suddenly a dark brown SOMETHING runs across the grass right at our feet.
No one but me, Steph, saw WHAT it was - a 6 inch long dragon looking LIZARD!!!
I SCREAM -- Haleigh danced-- and stepped right in the middle of IT'S back!!!
Of course, I was screaming "Danger, danger, danger", Haleigh was dancing the high step and the boys, Fred included, were stunned by my screams. It ran away and stopped about 6 feet from us.

Our little Chinese Dragon was very still when we took this photo (Zoom in on the dark spot of the photo to see the details).
We didn't stick around long enough to find out if he was mortally wounded, BUT we did draw a crowd that was taking pictures as we left.

1 comment:

The Fred & Stephanie Lewis Family said...

I remember that you like Diana on Anne Green Gabels.