Pages

Thursday, February 17, 2011

School -- Done Virtually

I, Steph, have gone back to school --
as Ammon's 4th grade teacher.

We chose to do virtual school
while we are in Hong Kong.
- K12 for Ammon
& iAchieve for Haleigh and Caleb -
We felt this would give us the flexibility
needed to travel.

Georgia Cyber Academy is the
official name of Ammon's school.
Because we are Georgia residents
I signed up on line,
they shipped me the books, &
I attended a few online orientations.
ALL at NO COST!
I am grateful the Georgia public
school system has this program.
It has been a HUGE blessing for our family.

This is how our day begins ...
(usually at 9am)
I go to the web - site

Click on PLAN
-I can choose to show daily or weekly plans-
We are required to spend at least
5 hours a day - 5 days per week doing school.

I usually choose the weekly plan so I can
see what the expectations are for
each day of the week.
That way if Ammon gets done with a
lesson quickly we can click on the
assignment for the next day and
complete it too.
It really is quite amazing.

I am learning A LOT!!!
Today I realized how good it is for me.
I am learning right along with Ammon.
4th graders are SMARTER than I am.
We will see if next year
I'm smarter than a 5th grader ;).

We were studying the MODERN AGE today.
I asked Ammon -
"What do you think of when you hear
the word modern?"
His answer --
"Snuggies"
Of course!!! Have you seen their commercials?
Oh, SO modern.

No comments: