After 7 years of camping as a Young Woman
and 16 years of Girls' Camp as a leader
I am THRILLED to be helping with
the FIRST Girls' Camp EVER
in the Hong Kong District!!
Camp will be held March 18 & 19.
(NEXT Friday & Saturday!!)
(NEXT Friday & Saturday!!)
In preparation for this GREAT adventure
we went to check out the campsite this morning.
I was VERY pleasantly surprised!
We disembarked the bus from Tung Chung &
crossed the street to find a
quaint picnic spot.
quaint picnic spot.
A carved tree greeted us with a
profound little message
profound little message
"Fake becomes true
It depends on you."
We traveled down the winding steps and a
150 foot path to find...
This pleasant little spot for camping!
Fully equipped with tables, fire pits,
a small pavilion,
and bathrooms - with flushable toilets (yeah!).
BYOTP - Bring Your Own Toilet Paper
I am used to watching out for wild animals at Girls' Camp.
Bears, snakes, and the like.
This year our biggest threat are
the wandering cows
the wandering cows
and dodging the treats they leave behind.
(NOTICE the cow pies at the bottom of pic. above)
(NOTICE the cow pies at the bottom of pic. above)
We can call for emergency assistance if needed
AND in a REAL emergency ...
a helicopter can fly in to rescue.
Ready or not HONG KONG --
Girls' Camp here we come!!
Ready or not HONG KONG --
Girls' Camp here we come!!




3 comments:
How fun that's going to be! Wow, not much time to plan, but I know you'll pull off a great couple of days. Tiff
Steph, you need to have Caleb do a post on your blog. It's great to get Haleigh's take on what your seeing. I'd love to know what Caleb thinks of all this. Tiff
Girls Camp is right up your alley. I can't wait to read about your adventure with the girls! Have fun!
Post a Comment