It's that dreaded time of year (for me)
when I go on the
HUNT for a swimsuit. :{
Usually the process goes like this:
-Visit 20 stores (at least)
-Sort through the racks of string bikinis
trying to find something with enough
fabric to justify the high price tag
AND something I can actually feel
comfortable wearing outside of the
privacy of the bathroom.
-Try on the ONLY 3 swimsuits
that MIGHT work, to find there
was not as much coverage as
it looked like it would have when I saw
it on the hanger.
-Try not to cry when I leave the
dressing room and the attendant says
"Didn't any of them fit?"
I can sum it up in three words -
IT'S A NIGHTMARE!!
OR
I HATE IT!!
It was discouraging to start this process
here in Hong Kong and find
only one of the local stores even
carried swimsuits and my TINY daughter
couldn't even fit one leg into the body of the
suit marked LARGE. NOT GOOD!
So we talked to a friend,
Haleigh's Young Women's President,
and she suggested we try Stanley Market.
Oh JOY!!!
Joy for the selection of CUTE fabrics.
Joy for the MODESTY of the Chinese people
and the available styles.
Double JOY for the cute owner of the
shop who actually got my size right
on the first try. (Haleigh's too!)
Here's the FUN part.
The shop was TINY (about 6' x 12')
and LOADED with suits. We had to DIG
to find the fabrics and styles we wanted.
HOWEVER, the owner somehow knew what we
were looking for and dove into the pile
of packaged suits and found exactly
what we had in mind.
THIS is the dressing room.
(I am grateful they had one.)
It too was full of suits in bags.
There was about 6 inches of
available space to stand in.
The hanging curtain not only
provided privacy from the store
but from the open door to the street below.
HILARIOUS!
We ended up purchasing 4 CUTE, modest, suits,
2 for me and 2 for Haleigh,
for $75 US. NOT BAD!!
We also purchased some stylish sunglasses.
4 for $30 US - one of the pairs was Oakley.
Flat Stanley INSISTED on trying on the Oakley's.
He also found a card with his name
written in Chinese.
Nightmare turned into DREAM
trip to Stanley Market.






2 comments:
Like I said I am so glad that Flat Stanley found his name in Chinese Caracters. Good thing you took a photo of him so efficently.
So funny!
Britt
You don't have to model them, but show us the swim suits. I'd like to see the fabric and style. I'm in the process of getting ours made for the summer. Tiff
Post a Comment